Thursday, November 2, 2017

Insights Learned from the article "Eight Habits of Highly Effective 21st Century Teachers" by A. Churches (2008)



Eight Habits of Highly Effective 21st Century Teachers
by A. Churches (2008)*



Andrew Churches identified in this article the characteristics of a highly effective 21st century teacher. I remember Henry Adam’s quotation about teachers: “The teacher affects eternity, he can never tell where his influence stops”. If well lived, the eight habits will absolutely liven teachers’ spirits to have great contribution to the civilization today and beyond.

            This article opened my mind and heart about the positive attitudes that I must live on as a teacher in this century: adapting, being visionary, collaborating, risk-taking, learning, communicating, modelling behavior, and leading.

I need to be fully developed with these characteristics so that they will become my habits. If I demonstrate these habits, they will help me a lot to become an effective facilitator of learning. I believe adapting, modelling behavior, communicating and leading are my strong points. On the other hand, I need to improve on collaborating, taking risks, being visionary and learning. It is because I have to enhance on my online collaboration skills, taking risks in producing outputs, on being more imaginative in creating learning tasks, and continue learning. 

  With right attitude and optimism, the characteristics will hopefully become my habits. 






*cited in SEAMEO GURO21 Required Readings Module

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Create a Class in Google Classroom?

 How to Create a Class in Google Classroom? 1. Click Google Chrome browser. 2. Type and enter in the omnibox "classroom.google.com"...